The first ever AFL Women’s Trade Period ended on Friday, with 11 players finding new homes.
After a relatively quiet first week in which Nicola Stevens’ switch to Carlton was the only completed trade, things got busy in week two.
(Tayla Harris is now a Blue. PHOTO: @CarltonFC Twitter)
The much-anticipated Tayla Harris trade from Brisbane to Carlton ended up involving four clubs on the second-last day of the Trade Period. In exchange for Harris, Carlton had to give up Bella Ayre and Nat Exon and the Western Bulldogs and Melbourne also exchanged picks and players to facilitate the trade.
In other player movement, Collingwood's Alicia Eva is now a Giant, as is Melbourne's Maddie Boyd and Pepa Randall. The Giants' Ashleigh Guest has returned to Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs' Jaimee Lambert is now a Magpie.
As part of the aforementioned Tayla Harris mega-trade, Carlton's Bianca Jakobsson was traded to Melbourne, while Melbourne's Deanna Berry is now a Bulldog.
1. Collingwood exchange Nicola Stevens and Round 4 (selection 28) to Carlton for Round (selection 5), Round 2 (selection 13) and Round 3 (selection 21).
2. Collingwood exchange Alicia Eva and their Round 1 (selection 5) to GWS Giants for Round 1 (selection 1) and Round 2 (selection 9).
3. Collingwood then on-traded their Round 1 (selection 1), Round 1 (selection 4) and Round 2 (selection 12) to the Western Bulldogs for Jamie Lambert and Round 1 (selection 3).
4. Melbourne exchange Pepa Randall for Ashleigh Guest (GWS Giants).
5. Melbourne exchange Madeleine Boyd to GWS for Round 5 (selection 33).
6. Melbourne exchange Deanna Berry to the Western Bulldogs for Round 2 (selection 12).
7. Melbourne then on-traded Round 2 (selection 12) to Carlton for Bianca Jakobsson.
8. Brisbane exchange Tayla Harris to Carlton for Nat Exon and Bella Ayre.
AFLW Clubs list changes were also submitted on Friday, with Clubs being able to re-sign up to 22 players from their 2017 list. Players not retained by Clubs now become unrestricted free agents. Players from a club’s 2017 list offered a place for 2018 at a lower payment tier will be a restricted free agent.
The Free Agency Period commences tomorrow Monday May 29 and concludes on Thursday June 1.